Welcome to 2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop and Seminar
22 Sept 2021 – 08.00 -17.00 (GMT+7 – Jakarta Time)
23 Sept 2021 – 08.00 -17.00 (GMT+7 – Jakarta Time)
Smart and resilient agriculture is essential to address future disruption and challenges, such as climate change, COVID-19 pandemic, large scale floods, and droughts. During the pandemic, the agriculture sector in countries like Indonesia can still maintain its growth despite challenges in people and good mobility. Small-medium enterprises and smallholder farmers are still dominant, especially in the Asia-Pacific, with key factors of low technology adoption and low productivity. Solutions are necessary among others through the support from advances in technologies such as agricultural sensors, other Information Communication Technologies (ICTs), including Internet of Thing (IoT), blockchain, computer vision, big data, artificial intelligence (AI), automation, robotics and assistive devices, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), etc. However, considering variabilities in existing farming systems and business, adaptation processes are required in order to be effectively adopted by smallholders considering local culture as well as existing practice and policy. Taking advantage of experiences on the development of adaptation and adopting of smart agriculture and supply chain from FFTC member countries, an international seminar is planned.
- To exchange knowledge and experiences on adaptation and adoption of agricultural sensors and other ICT technologies in smallholders (e.g. advances in smart agriculture technologies).
- To strengthen international cooperation among stakeholders for wider adoption of technology and smart supply chain management (e.g., collaboration for impactful use of agricultural sensing and other ICT technologies and shorter supply chain).
- To increase the public’s level of awareness on the use of technology for securing sustainable agriculture (e.g., science – policy/practice interface).
Themes of 2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop & Seminar
“Adaptation and Adoption of Agricultural Sensors, Information Communication Technologies, and Smart Supply Chains to Support Smallholder Farmers”
Advances of agricultural sensors and other ICTs in smart farming
- Technology includes, for examples, sensors, Internet of Thing (IoT), blockchain, computer vision, big data, artificial intelligence (AI), automation, robotics, assistive devices, and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), etc. with the focus of its application.
- Focus on the technology applicable for smallholder farmers and farming systems.
Successful cases of smart farming systems and supply chains (crops, livestock, aquaculture)
- Collaboration for impactful application of agricultural sensors and other ICT technologies and lesson-learned in smart agriculture start-up business for smallholder farmers.
- For examples, business models involving small holder farmers, agri-business led collective farming systems and supply chains.
Support policies and public private partnership
- The science and policy interface of smart agriculture technologies and lessons-learned from agribusiness development amid pandemics.
- Government support policy, infrastructure/ facility for rural areas, smart phone, facility/machine sharing and service (e.g., use of automatic machineries, UAV), incentives for public private partnership (PPP), private sector involvement, best practices and policy/ measures, and capacity development.
Speakers | 2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop
Plant Phenotyping Technology to Enhance Smart Farming
Ph.D., Associate Professor, Kyushu University, Department of Agro-environmental Sciences, Laboratory of Agricultural Machinery and Production Systems Design.
Best Practice of Agri-tech Start-up for Farmers’ Welfare: Agri-Tech and Agribusiness Integration to Support Agricultural Ecosystem in Indonesia
Bayu Dwi Apri Nugroho
Ph.D , Faculty of Agricultural Technology, Universitas Gadjah Mada
Portable Vis/near-infrared spectrometer for point-of-need quality assessment of agro-food products
Y. Aris Purwanto
Professor, Department of Mechanical and Biosystem Engineering, IPB University Indonesia
Management of Agricultural Technology Transfer in IAARD Indonesia
Ketut Gede Mudiarta
Indonesian Agency for Agricultural Research and Development (IAARD) Ministry of Agriculture, Republic of Indonesia
Improvement of subtropical agriculture of sugarcane cultivation using ICT in Okinawa, Japan
Professor, Department of Regional Agricultural Engineering, University of the Ryukyus (Japan)
Smart Farm R&D status and future direction in Korea
Ph.D, Senior researcher, National Institute of Agricultural Science
Utilization of digital livestock farming for young farmers in Taiwan
Former Head of Animal Breeding and Genetics Division Taiwan Livestock Research Institute
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Intelligent IoT in Agriculture
Samsuzana Abd Aziz
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia
Application of advanced agricultural sensors and ICT in smart farming towards the Agriculture 4.0
SITI NOOR ALIAH BAHAROM
Ph.D, Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Department of Engineering Research Centre
Weed mapping with low-cost, small UAV for smallholder farming
Ph.D, Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
Human Resource Development for Smart Agriculture in Taiwan
Professor, Department of Bio-Industry Communication and Development, National Taiwan University
Modern Agriculture: AI, IoT, Robotics and Cloud Computing
Department of Computer Science, IPB University
Future-proofing Philippine Agriculture with SARAI Technologies
Roger Luyun Jr.
Professor, Institute of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, College of Engineering and Agro-industrial Technology, University of the Philippines Los Banos (IAE, CEAT, UPLB).
Application of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Automation in Jin da Chicken Breeding
General manager, KAI SHING FOOD CORP, Taiwan.
Implementing Agro-Maritime 4.0 Research Agenda: Linking Science and Policy
Ph.D, Head of Research and Community Services (LPPM), IPB University Indonesia
Smart Agriculture with AWS
Lead Solution Architect AWS Public Sector Indonesia
Registration | 2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop & Seminar
2021 IPB-FFTC Workshop Registration
Tuesday, 22 Sept 2021
2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop on Adaptation and Adoption of Agricultural Sensors, Information Communication Technologies, and Smart Supply Chains to Support Smallholder Farmers
2021 IPB Seminar - Paper Submission & Registration
Wednesday, 23 September 2021
2021 IPB International Online Seminar on Adaptation and Adoption of Agricultural Sensors, Information Communication Technologies, and Smart Supply Chains to Support Smallholder Farmers
Brief information about 2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop & Seminar schedule and program agenda.
List of all speakers in 2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop & Seminar schedule and program agenda.
List person in charge of 2021 IPB-FFTC International Online Workshop & Seminar schedule and program agenda.
Organized by IPB University and Food and Fertilizer Technology Center
Department of Mechanical and Biosystem Engineering, Faculty of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Bogor Agricultural University IPB, Dramaga Bogor PO BOX 220. phone/fax : +62-251-8623026 | Contact Information :